Independent Traffic Control (ITC) is one of New Zealand's leading Traffic Management service providers. We have recently been awarded several contracts to supply Traffic Management to leading infrastructure, commercial engineering and building contractors across Auckland based in Penrose. We are committed to our people and are passionate about supporting them in their careers. We aim to provide high quality levels of service and solutions to our valued customers and are in it for the long haul. Finding the best people to fit into our vibrant and supportive culture is critical to us.
If you are looking for…
- A challenging role with the opportunity to develop and grow an awesome career
- Supportive management and a great team to work with
- Competitive package with flexible working hours
- A company with a name for quality, expertise, innovation & excellence
…then we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for people wanting to train to become qualified Traffic Controllers + Class 2 Drivers, as well as experienced TC's and STMS who are keen to grow and learn and move into leadership roles in the future.
Skills & Experience
What you’ll bring to the role?
- Supervise traffic management crews effectively and efficiently, dealing with any and all issues as they arise
- Ensure the site is set up in accordance with the relevant traffic management plan
- Assist with traffic control as and when required
- Assist with the safe training of Traffic Controllers on live sites
- Maintain signs, assets and equipment
- Maintain work vehicles/work sites
- Manage work site traffic safety including hazard identification and site risk assessment
- Set out signage for crews to use
- Incident management - attending and managing emergency callouts, as well as effective reporting of any incidents in a timely manner
- Loading – Unloading of trucks
- Conduct daily tool box meetings
- Conduct site inspections after the completion of project
- Fill sandbags, clean cones and signs as and when required
- Adhere to company guidelines for wearing the correct PPE at all times
- Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures as outlined in the Health & Safety Manual
- Any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
To be successful in this role:
- You will have a Full Class 1 or 2 license
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required
- Be able to work 40 hours a week
- Be confident with communication with the public and crew
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site
Join our team where you can genuinely make a difference within our business. If you believe you could be a great fit for ITC then we would love to hear from you.
Please visit our careers page: https://itraffic.qjumpersjobs.co/ for more information and to apply now!